Today, we are fasting from the thought that says, "God is mad at me."
Many people think the reason bad things are happening is because God is mad or against them. Or, perhaps you don't think He's overtly against you, but He's just not aggressively helping you. If you think God is mad at you, you’ll feel discouraged & rejected. You won’t expect good things to happen.
Let's take this thought captive (the word "captive" means: "to conquer with a sword." We conquer wrong thinking with the sword of God's Word!)
LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. God is not mad AT you. He is mad ABOUT you! This is something I started saying many years ago when I discovered God's love. And I will never stop believing it! When you accept this thought, you will have confidence, expectation and peace. Who couldn't use that! How do I know this is true? Romans 8:38-39 says "Nothing can separate you from the love of God..." You are forgiven (1 John 1:9) and you are LOVED (1 John 4:10).
2. Think this new thought: God loves me as much as He loves Jesus! In John 17:23 Jesus says to the Father: "I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, that the world may know that You sent Me, and LOVED THEM, AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE LOVED ME!" What an amazing truth. God loves you as much as He loves Jesus. And there is no way God can be mad at Jesus.
3. He thinks precious thoughts about you ALL THE TIME! Psalm 139:17-18 says, "How precious are Your thoughts toward me, O God...If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with you!"
4. What God said to Jesus, is the SAME to you: "You are My beloved Son. In You, I am well-pleased" (Mark 1:11). Hallelujah! He doesn't sound mad at Jesus! He sounds "mad about Him!" Well, 1 John 4:16 says, "As He is, so are we." Look, there is no getting around this marvelous truth: God doesn't love Jesus half-heartedly, therefore He doesn't love you half-heartedly either.
5. There is nothing God is holding back from you! Romans 8:32 says "He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him, freely give us all things!"
6. YOU ARE NOT CONDEMNED! Romans 8:1 says, "There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..." Condemnation is an expression of strong disapproval. God approves of you, because of your faith in Jesus, not because you have done everything right. God's love for you is non-negotiable. Jeremiah 31:3 says He loves you with an everlasting love. It cannot be stopped, quenched or compromised.
THINK IT & SAY IT
God is not mad at me, He is mad about me. He loves me as much as Jesus. He thinks precious thoughts about me all the time! I am His beloved, and He is mine!
There is nothing God is holding back from me. He didn't hold back His best, therefore He won't hold back the rest!
I refuse to be condemned. I am forgiven. I reject the thought that He is mad at me or against me. God is for me, and not against me. His love toward me cannot be stopped, quenched or compromised, in Jesus' Name.
-Courtesy of Gregory Dickow Ministries