Today we are fasting from the thought that says: I feel powerless.
One of the greatest truths I have ever come to understand is that a “sense of powerlessness” is the root to all negative emotions. When we feel powerless over our past, we feel guilty. When we feel powerless over our future, we feel afraid. When we feel powerless over the present, we feel depressed. And when we feel like the people or circumstances of our lives just won’t change, we feel angry.
Think about this for a moment—depression, fear, guilt and anger are four of the most powerful negative emotions you will ever experience. And ALL of them stem from a sense of powerlessness. The thought that there’s not much we can do about the economy or our weight or the allergies we grew up with, etc. imprisons us to accept and tolerate a mediocre and weak life.
LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
Let’s fast from the feeling of powerlessness.
1. Take inventory! God has NOT given you a spirit of fear; but POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND. (2 Timothy 1:7)
2. BELIEVE that power is in you. Ephesians 3:20 says God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think ACCORDING TO THE POWER that is at work within you. There is power in you that enables God to do beyond what we can ask or think.
3. THINK & ASK BIG! Give God something to work with. Since He can do BEYOND, we have to at least give Him a base to begin with. We limit God when we don’t THINK big and ASK big.
4. Recognize and honor the Holy Spirit in you. Acts 1:8 says, “You shall receive POWER when the Holy Spirit comes upon you...” Again, this power (dunamis=dynamite) is already in you. Thank God for the Holy Spirit in you. Romans 8:11 says, ‘the very same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives in you.’
5. Take the limits off. Don’t limit God. Psalm 78:41 says that the children of Israel LIMITED the Lord because they DID NOT REMEMBER His power (verse 42). We free God’s hand to bless when we REMEMBER HIS PREVIOUS BLESSINGS. Psalm 103:2 says not to forget His benefits.
6. EXPECT! Never underestimate the power of expectation. Expect today for God’s power to strengthen you; expect to be led by His Spirit today. We limit what God can do in our lives, when we lower our expectations.
THINK IT AND SAY IT
I have POWER in my life right now. Through the Holy Spirit in me, I have the power to overcome temptation; the power to change my life for the better, the power to be healed; the power to forgive; the power to praise God no matter what; the power to speak God’s Word and see His promises show up in my life.
I will think big and ask big, and therefore the POWER OF GOD’S SPIRIT WITHIN ME, will bring it to pass in my life.
I can’t wait to talk with you, again, tomorrow.