Today we are fasting from the thought that says: It’s impossible.
Jesus said "All things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23)!
What is in your life today that you have given up on or considered impossible? Whatever it is (provided it's legal!), don't ever give up. NEVER NEVER NEVER give up!
One Easter weekend, a major political story broke in America, and the New York Times interviewed me, and asked: "Since this story is so big, will you be speaking about it at church on Easter?" "It certainly is a big story," I responded. "But SOMEONE RISING FROM THE DEAD IS EVEN BIGGER!" They then asked what I would specifically say about it. I answered, "If a man can rise from the dead, anything is possible!"
This is why we can get rid of the wrong thinking that says, "It's impossible."
LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. Think about the resurrection every day! This reveals the miraculous power of God to do anything! We tend to save these thoughts for Easter, but we need to think about the resurrection ALL THE TIME. It awakens hope, faith, and the possibilities of God.
2. Eliminate thinking that says, "I can't believe that." Cynicism and skepticism have filled our culture. We need to get out of the habit of questioning and doubting the possibility of things. When you think there's no way, remember that JESUS IS THE WAY!
3. Deal with the real problem. It's not whether God will help. It's whether we believe. The man with the demon-possessed son came to Jesus and said, "If you can do anything, help us..." Jesus responded and said, "If you can believe..." See it's not whether God can do it. It's whether we can believe it. And remember that faith comes from hearing God's Word (Romans 10:17).
4. You are bigger than a mountain! Believe that your words move mountains. Matthew17:20 says, "You shall say to this mountain, 'Remove from here to there', and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you." That's big!
5. Meditate on people who had an impossible turnaround. Abraham was 99 years old when he had a son. Sarah was 90! Moses parted the Red Sea. The list goes on and on. Find those people in the Bible and fill your mind with their testimonies. Hebrews 12:1 says, "We have a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us..." If it could happen for them, it can happen for you, and IT WILL.
6. God CAN'T lie. There is only ONE THING in this world that is impossible: its impossible for God to lie (Hebrews 6:18). Don't throw away your confidence in God's promises. He will fulfill them.
THINK IT & SAY IT
I will never be defeated another day in my life. I am redeemed from failure and defeat. I am the head and not the tail. Everything I put my hand to will succeed and prosper. No matter what is against me, I expect the tables to turn to my favor. My faith will not fail, because Jesus is praying for it! Amen!
-Courtesy of Gregory Dickow Ministries