Today we're fasting from the thought that says, "Happiness is so hard to find."
People have been looking for happiness—trying to buy it, trade for it or discover it, since time began. But it's not as hard to find, as we have thought.
LET'S CHANGE THIS THINKING TODAY
1. You don't have to find happiness. It will find you! Matthew 6:33 says, "... all these things will be ADDED to you." Expect happiness to be added to you, as you seek God’s kingdom & talk to Him.
2. Happy is the man who does not condemn himself (Romans 14:22). REFUSE to tolerate condemnation another second of your life. Romans 8:1 says there is NO condemnation, for those in Christ.
3. Treat unhappiness as a signal to TRUST God. Jeremiah 17:7 says blessed (HAPPY, fortunate & to be envied) is the man that trusts in the Lord. Shift your trust to God, not others; and happiness will flow.
4. The supreme happiness in life is the ASSURANCE that you are loved. (John 15:13.) You can be sure God loves you—no matter what. Nothing can separate you from His love. (Romans 8:39.) Think on that. Happiness will come.
5. God will help you be happy today. Psalm 146:5 says, "Happy is he whose help & hope are in the Lord." Ask for His help today. Ask Him for hope today. Believe you have received it, and joy will come.
6. In His presence is FULLNESS of joy. (Psalm 16:11.) Be mindful that you are in His presence NOW, by the blood of Jesus. (Hebrews 10:19.) And the Holy Spirit lives in you! (Romans 8:11.) It will change your view of life.
THINK IT AND SAY IT
I have the fullness of joy & happiness in life, because I am in God's presence and the Holy Spirit lives in me. I walk in the supreme happiness of life, knowing that I am loved by God. I refuse to condemn myself, since there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. God will always help me, and my hope is in Him, therefore I am happy, in Jesus' Name!
-Courtesy of Gregory Dickow Ministries