Today we're fasting from the thought that says: "It's too hard to find God's will."
Many people struggle so hard to do the will of God, only to be frustrated, and often confused. Can we ever be SURE of the will of God? We can. And I believe this will help.
LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. Change the way you look at the Bible. Its not a book of rules. Lets look at the Bible as a love letter, a description of who we are in Christ, and a collection of divine seeds for the harvests of life.
2. Today, you must see the Bible as a "Will". It is God's LAST WILL & TESTAMENT (Hebrews 9:15-17). Enclosed in the Bible is EVERYTHING Jesus, after dying, has left to His loved ones—that's you and me!
3. Remember, a will goes into effect when someone dies. Hebrews 9:17 says, "because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. ”Since Jesus died, He has left us with all of His possessions!
4. See yourself in God's will NOW. Through Jesus' blood and His death, God has placed us IN His will.
5. The gospel includes: forgiveness AND an inheritance that now belongs to us (Acts 26:18). Read the Scriptures to discover your inheritance, and know what belongs to you NOW, in Christ.
6. Now, take the pressure off yourself in trying to discover what to DO, and focus on discovering what is YOURS. This will change how you look at yourself and how you live!
7. Don't try to find the will of God. It will find you. Just meditate on God's Word. Flood your mind with His promises. Bask in His love & grace and the will of God will find you. It will overtake you (Deuteronomy 28:2).
THINK IT & SAY IT
God has placed me in His will. I don't have to strive to find it. God's will is His covenant toward me—His promised inheritance is mine through the blood of Jesus. I will see the Bible as God's will TOWARD me. I will read it to discover what belongs to me and who I truly am in Him, and the will of God will track me down. It will come upon me and overtake me, in Jesus’ Name!
-Courtesy of Gregory Dickow Ministries