I want to be clear about this: “Fasting” is not limited to food. It's about “abstaining” from something. In our case, we are abstaining or GIVING UP wrong ways of thinking.
This is simple. Too often, we make things harder and much more complicated than they really are.
Jesus said, “Take My yoke upon you, for My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” He did the heavy lifting. Now our job is to ‘enter into His rest’, by believing what He has already done for us.
Today we are fasting from the thought that simply says: "I can't..."
There are so many things that we think we CAN'T do.
Every day we are troubled or even tormented by thoughts that say: "I can't change. I can't go on. I can't make it. I can't forgive. I can't recover. I can't get it done. I can't find a job. I can't find a spouse. I can't go back to college. I can't pay the bills. I can't figure this out." And the list could go on and on.
Believe me, this MENTALITY and ATTITUDE, sets us up to fail, to quit, and to live a negative existence. It is a poisonous thought that we must no longer eat or drink of.
From today on, we're replacing this thought with: "I can."
Philippians 4:13 declares, "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENS ME."
There's a saying that goes: "If you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right." Either way, you're right, because as a man thinks, so is he (Proverbs 23:7).
The Spirit of God lives on the inside of you. That means you CAN do what HE CAN do in you. 1 John 4:17 says, "As He is, so are we in this world."
LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. Remember the little engine that could! Remember the book that spoke to a generation of children: "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can," AND IT DID!
2. Say it: "I can." By simply saying this continually, your life will take the turn you desire.
3. You ARE, therefore you CAN. Remember that you ARE more than a conqueror; therefore you CAN conquer anything (Romans 8:37).
4. BELIEVE the Bible is written about YOU. Fill your mind with Philippians 4:13: "I CAN DO ALL things through Christ which strengthens me!
5. Changing your thinking will change your habits. Stop yourself every time you feel like saying "I can't"; and let the new thought "I can" come out of your mouth. The more your ears hear your voice say this, the easier it becomes to believe it.
THINK IT & SAY IT
I declare I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me. I eliminate "can't" from my vocabulary. I can do anything God's Word says I can do. I submit my thinking to the Word of God and my whole life is changing today, in Jesus' Name.